You can't go home again

For many years now, me and my siblings have been shareholders of a few companies our father left us. So apart from being siblings, for the past several years, we've also been fellow shareholders. Nowadays we only meet at Chinese New Year, Christmas, sometimes birthdays, and most of the time at company meetings. Now we are getting close to finally winding up the companies. I have been looking forward to this for years. As we mostly stay out of each other's family affairs, the companies have been our only source of disagreements. There has been a lot of heated discussions, to put it mildly, at our company meetings. I try to not let it affect me, but it has taken a toll on my mental health over the years. I have always thought that with the companies wound up, there would be nothing left to argue and there would be no more disagreements. This seems logical. However, I have the fear that the disagreements might be symptoms of ill feelings, and now that we can no longer fight over company affairs, we will start commenting on other areas of our lives we never did before.

When we are no longer fellow shareholders, we will either be strangers, siblings that fight, or siblings that seldom see or talk to each other. That third one is probably the best case scenario.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I stopped procrastinating and it wasn't so bad

Art is dead (in Malaysia)

Just remember the sun will explode.