Dad and son week

My son and I had kind of a father and son few days at home together. It was nice. My wife was away in Langkawi to hang out with her friends. She's always off somewhere. On Friday, I took him to his climbing session (last one for the year) and he wanted to buy some nail polish and neither of us knew anything about it so I took him to a Watson's pharmacy and he bought some water-based nail polish and some nail lacquer and some nail polish remover. He's too shy to ask for advice so I asked the girl at the counter what the difference was between nail polish and nail lacquer. Basically, nail lacquer is what they used to call nail polish, and the new nail polish is a water-based paint that chips off easily.

On Saturday, we were pretty much at the World Scouts Jamboree the whole day and he had to be in his scouts uniform the whole day, which is something he's not used to but he didn't make too much of a fuss of it. For about 2 days before that, we were sewing on his scout badges and he was not used to sewing so I did most of it. He messed up a bit while sewing one badge and he was angry at his mom for signing him up for the jamboree, but he calmed down a bit after that. Anyway, I think my wife being missing all the time is frustrating for him.

I really felt like a single parent this week, but I'm not complaining. When my wife is around, my son just stays in his room all the time. He actually came out and hung out with me for short bursts here and there this week. But as soon as his mom came home and started fighting with me again, he hated both of us again. Sigh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I stopped procrastinating and it wasn't so bad

Art is dead (in Malaysia)

Just remember the sun will explode.