I need to stop thinking so much

The roast went well. I beat Mike in the first round and lost to Mik in the second round and I'm happy with that. I didn't want to win but I also didn't want to put up a bad show, so I guess I did what I set out to do. All in all, it was more fun than I thought and it was a good exercise for the brain, but I'm not sure I'll do another one. One thing that happened though, was Sam got Asyraf to do a short set to open the second half and he did a joke based on one of my premises (Asian women who wear bright contact lenses are scary. Don't judge me. I respect women. You have to hear the joke). He said that was his take on the topic.

I didn't really hear the whole bit because I was thinking about how to roast Mik, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess I'll have to watch him and listen to his bit again to see if this will cause problems for me. I don't think it will but until I find out for certain, it's a source of anxiety for me.

He's a good comic. Great performer and decent enough joke-writer to steer a topic into one of the established punchline formulae. And I know premises are hard, so I know this will keep happening and since the jokes are probably different enough, I'm not going to stop him from doing his version. The best course of action for me is to keep doing my bit and keep building on it, and do my hour with it. I'm just dreading having to explain to people who come up to me to say I'm stealing his bit. I can't even imagine how I would do that.

Okay, rant over. I'm trying my very best to not be affected by it.

Yesterday, I was super unproductive. I was productive on Friday because I had to be for the roast. Then yesterday, I just watched drone videos on Youtube. Right now, I feel like I've watched all I need and want to watch on Youtube (everything related to drones, cameras, IRL streaming, podcasting). This rarely happens, but I'm all Youtubed out and I'm not sure what to do with myself. I really wanted to get a drone before our trip, but I'm also waiting for the release of the rumored DJI Mini 3. I hate hate hate buying tech gear right before the new version is released because it feels like throwing money away. But if that money can buy some video footage on this trip, I think that's not so bad.

Tomorrow is Monday and I have a busy week of mics and shows ahead of me. I have Andre's Punchline show tomorrow, Joke Factory mic on Tuesday, Crackhouse mic on Wednesday, then I rest on Thursday and Friday and Saturday, I'm hoping to open for Sam See (I'll ask him after I kill it on Wednesday, which means I better kill it, which means I'm mostly doing older jokes).

Everything is good.

I'm trying to be happy.

I am happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I stopped procrastinating and it wasn't so bad

Art is dead (in Malaysia)

Just remember the sun will explode.