New Day, New Me.

Changed the title of this blog again - this time to '100 Words A Day'. I realized I have been just doing nothing since things have gone back to some kind of normal and I feel like crap about it. I keep thinking of the times I used to feel positive and I think the most recent was near the beginning of this year, when I decided I wanted to put more effort into being a content creator. Right now, I'm not feeling any positivity at all. Everything just seems so big and overwhelming and I feel so small and helpless, and in the end, I just escape into Youtube videos and Netflix and computer games. These distractions are useful to get me through a rough patch, but I'm kind of stuck in the middle of the rough patch and I need a way to dig myself out.

Right now, I feel like all I can handle are small tasks. There are too many things I would like to improve about my life, my self and my habits.

Here are my goals:

I want to sleep 7 hours each night. Lack of sleep has been making me feel tired, unmotivated and generally bad about myself.

I will write at least 100 words a day on this blog. I eventually want to get back to writing a new novel and writing jokes, but right now, all I can handle is short blog entries, and hopefully it will oil my rusty gears and I can make some progress and get confident in writing again.

I want to practice the guitar 10 minutes a day. I realize I have not touched the guitar in months and have forgotten most of what I had learnt last year. I'll do this 10 minutes a day and see if I can relearnt what I forgot and make some progress on the 3 half songs I have been learning since last year.

I want to do some exercises to strengthen my lower back. I pulled a muscle 2 weeks ago and it hurt like hell. I need to start taking care of myself better as I get older.

I would like to train my attention span to be longer. I realize how short it is right now and I can't focus on listening, watching or reading anything properly.

Here are the steps I will take:

I will put my phone away by 1:00am each night, and try to be okay with my thoughts.

I will write 100 words in this blog each night at 10:00pm. And no cheating with writing about how little there is to write about.

I will practice the guitar at 9pm each night for 10 minutes or more.

I will do some stretching exercises each morning and strengthening exercises each night. Just a few minutes each.

I will not watch Youtube or Netflix while playing a game on my phone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One About Dumplings and Cockroaches

Nobody told me doing nothing would be this hard!

15 minute set for HEHE15 show