I'm just stressed out. Nothing to see here.

I'm just going to list out the things that are stressing me out right now so that I won't be as stressed out, so this is totally boring, there is no entertainment value and you will not learn anything from this entry.

1. We're planning a family trip. I enjoy travelling but it also always stresses me out plus this will be our first overseas trip where we have to worry about Covid. I am going to have fun on this trip and I'll make a video or two for Youtube but until that happens, I'm stressed out about it and I'm stressed out about even telling people about it (which I have not done). Worst case scenario: We catch Covid there and have to spend a week in quarantine.

2. A lot of things are gridlocked at work and I can't talk about it and I can't do anything about it right now,  so I am going to try my best to bury my head in the sand until I can actually make some decisions about it. Worst case scenario: I can't talk about it but it's going to be okay.

3. I joined a roast competition and to be honest, I kind of regret it. My buddy Sam See is organising it and I love him and immediately said yes, of course without thinking too much about it and now the roast starts this Friday and I feel really out of my depth. I we're supposed to do something that scares us every day, and new year new me and all that, but seriously - I really don't feel like doing this right now, and I don't see myself coming out of this feeling particularly fulfilled. I respect all forms of comedy but I don't particularly enjoy roasting people and I suck at writing the jokes. It's against every fibre of my being to write a bad joke so I will try my best, but I'm also kind of hoping I'll lose to Mike Saddi in the first round so I don't have to go into the second round and roast the winner of the Nat vs Mikhail match and then beyond that, write more insults to roast more people. But meanwhile, I do at least need to prepare some roasting jokes vs all 3 of them. Worst case scenario: I make it to the final and I have to write a ton of roasting jokes. But if that happens, I guess I would have figured out how to write roast jokes, so it shouldn't be too hard?

4. I want to start a company. I used to organise these comedy shows back in 2013-2014 but also kind of stopped doing it, partly because I didn't want to step on any toes at the time because some show promoters/organisers were very sensitive about which comics were under their care and also partly because my friends set up the Crackhouse Comedy Club and gave me plenty of spots, so I felt like I no longer needed to put together shows to get stage time. Rizal at Crackhouse has always been very nice to me and he still lets me do weekend spots whenever I ask for it, but I also want to start doing some longer sets this year and to do that, I will need to start organising shows again and this time, I want to do it properly under a company. Also, as I'm learning more about video production, I don't know what business opportunities that can create, so it will be good to have a company that can handle that too. I have a lot of ideas and a lot of questions. I'll have to write them down on a separate list and then talk to a tax consultant. Worst case scenario: I need two separate companies to do the live events and the video production, in which case, I'll focus on the live events one first.

5. In conjuction with number 4, I think I'm going to turn my mancave into less of a toy workshop/storeroom and more of a Youtube video/podcast production studio cum office. First of all, I need an organised space to keep my accounts and receipts and documents. Secondly, as I collect more video and audio equipment, I am going to need an organised space for them. Thirdly, I did toy with the idea of having a podcasting set up in here, like the Yum Cha Sessions or Jo Mama Productions or maybe TigerBelly, but right now, the podcast idea is on the backburner because I just don't see myself having the time to do that and stand up.

This is going to take several months of cleaning and throwing stuff out but basically, I want this room to be: an organised place to keep all my files, accounts, documents, and company assets (because the rest of the house is always messy).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I stopped procrastinating and it wasn't so bad

Art is dead (in Malaysia)

Just remember the sun will explode.