What I learnt during the pandemic

 

This is for my own sanity, so I don’t feel like I lost two years of my life. 

During the pandemic, I learnt how to use OBS, Streamyard, Stream Elements, Restream, Voicemod, Voicemeeter, Snap Camera, LioranBoard, Audacity, Filmora and Da Vinci Resolve. I learnt about overlays, colour grading, B-roll, J-cuts, L-cuts, audio compression, equalisers, ducking, noise gates and noise suppression. I learnt about Twitch bits, redemption points, hype trains and raids. I learnt how to set up a Discord server. I learnt about Tik Tok. I studied the origins of memes. I learnt how to build computers, sharpen knives and carve wooden miniatures. I learnt how to set up, tune and play a guitar and solder an instrument cable. I learnt how to tell a joke to an audience I couldn’t see or hear. And lastly, I learnt that out of all the things I know how to do, I want to do comedy the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I stopped procrastinating and it wasn't so bad

Art is dead (in Malaysia)

Just remember the sun will explode.