What I learnt during the pandemic

 

This is for my own sanity, so I don’t feel like I lost two years of my life. 

During the pandemic, I learnt how to use OBS, Streamyard, Stream Elements, Restream, Voicemod, Voicemeeter, Snap Camera, LioranBoard, Audacity, Filmora and Da Vinci Resolve. I learnt about overlays, colour grading, B-roll, J-cuts, L-cuts, audio compression, equalisers, ducking, noise gates and noise suppression. I learnt about Twitch bits, redemption points, hype trains and raids. I learnt how to set up a Discord server. I learnt about Tik Tok. I studied the origins of memes. I learnt how to build computers, sharpen knives and carve wooden miniatures. I learnt how to set up, tune and play a guitar and solder an instrument cable. I learnt how to tell a joke to an audience I couldn’t see or hear. And lastly, I learnt that out of all the things I know how to do, I want to do comedy the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One About Dumplings and Cockroaches

Nobody told me doing nothing would be this hard!

15 minute set for HEHE15 show