Didn't-Spend-Pandemic-Wisely Guilt

I'm pretty certain I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. I have just been feeling overwhelmed again lately. As a writer and content creator, I feel guilty for saying this for the thousandth time, but it is a real feeling that I feel often, so I do feel like I have to blog about it.

I just feel like with the house renovations, and the holiday season commitments, and Anji being in town and with Patfern being in town, I just didn't have the time and energy to think about jokes or the big finale stream as a Twitch affiliate. And to be honest, the number of viewers are always low anyway, so there's a lazy part of me that feels like I can get away with not having a big final affiliate stream. And then I've been thinking of this pretty big Youtube project that I need to learn to write, shoot and edit. Basically, it's a movie idea except I'm also feeling intimidated by it, so I've been considering shooting it in 3 acts or even smaller chunks and posting those as individual episodes. It's both exciting and overwhelmed by the scope of it. I don't even know how much it will cost. I need to learn more and talk to more people about it. I haven't talked to anybody about it other than See Ming and Tuck.

I realise I'm really not good at managing my time and juggling things. I keep hoping that as I get better at things, I would be able to do them more efficiently and I would be able to keep more balls in the air but I also feel like I'm not really good at anything, not really. I still need to prepare before a comedy show, if I want to really kill it. I can't just write a new five minutes in my head and then jump on stage and nail it, and to be honest, I don't think I ever can. On the content creation side, I still need to get good at scriptwriting and thinking in scenes and shooting and editing.

I have didn't-spend-my-pandemic-wisely guilt. Tarokka says it's "productivity guilt". I feel like the lockdown of 2020 and 2021 was my chance to really build myself up so that when the world went back to normal, I would be ready to hit the ground running and be all I wanted to be. But instead, I spent most of it gaming and doing livestreams. I guess I did learn a lot doing livestreams, like I feel I am better at talking to people than I have ever been, and I learnt how to set up video and audio feeds, and all about frames per second, and ND filters, and noise gates and compression and all that stuff and I think they are things a modern comedian will need to know all this stuff too because we're all have to create content on the Internet.

There is so much to learn, and I wish I spent more time during the pandemic learning it. I can learn it now, but it's not as easy now as when we were all stuck at home. But as I told Tuck, we can only change what we can and we can't change the past.

For 2022, I want to work on my comedy hour and also my vanity movie project codenamed Open Micer. For the latter, I really need to work on learning how to write the script, so that when the opportunity arises for each scene, I shoot it. In my spare time, I will keep working on being a better climber, paddleboarder and a better guitar player. Apart from that, there's still all that work-related stuff to stress about.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One About Dumplings and Cockroaches

Nobody told me doing nothing would be this hard!

15 minute set for HEHE15 show